March 9, 2013

Sam Raimi Says He Won't Be Directing The OZ Sequel


While the cast of Oz, The Great And Powerful are posed for a return for Disney's fast-tracked sequel. It doesn't seem to be the case for director Sam Raimi. He tells ComingSoon that he left the door open in the film for another director to make a sequel but another one doesn't interest him.

"I haven’t planned on directing the sequel," Raimi says. "I did leave some loose ends for another director if they want to make the picture... I was attracted to this story but I don’t think the second one would have the thing I would need to get me interested." 

Of course this could be a negotiating tactic usually actors sign multiple film contracts for potential franchises but it's not always the case for their directors. The film is tracking around 70m+ domestically for the weekend that success might allow Raimi to ask for more money or help boost original projects in the future. Sam had stated during the press tour that he and his brother were working on a Evil Dead 4 script over the Summer, but was quickly retracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment