May 7, 2012

Jessica Chastain Passes On 'IRON MAN 3' With Gemma Arterton And Others In The Running


Oscar nominated actress Jessica Chastain (Help, Debt, Lawless) had been linked for a supporting role in Iron Man 3 but has confirmed via Facebook she has passed. Jessica doesn't rule out appearing in future Marvel films (Scarlet Witch *fingers crossed). Her role in Iron Man 3 had been rumor to be that of scientist who has had a past romance with Tony Stark. Actresses such as Gemma Arterton (Witch Hunters, Quantum of Solace, RockNRolla), Diane Kruger (Troy, Inglourious Basterds) and Isla Fisher (Burke And Hare) had also tested for the role. British actress Arterton seems the best bet since Robert Downey Jr. had mentioned a "British invasion" when asked about the casting. Ben Kingsley recently confirmed he's signed on though his role hasn't been revealed.


“Sorry to say that Iron Man 3 isn’t going to work out. My schedule is jammed packed and I can’t fit anything else in. The press announced my possible attachment far too soon. I know many of you wanted me to be involved, and I’m so sorry to disappoint you. Hopefully there’ll be another Marvel film in my future. Shane Black and everyone on the IM3 team are really wonderful. I’m very excited to see the film when it comes out. xx”

No comments:

Post a Comment