December 13, 2011

Guy Ritchie Gives A Real RockNRolla Update

Guy Ritchie is become a staple director at Warner Bros. handling their Sherlock Holmes franchise and is in talks for their 60's era spy blockbuster The Man From UNCLE. Ritchie talked to MovieLine and revealed the status of his sequel to RockNRolla that had the working title of The Real RockNRolla. The sequel had been teased at the end of the first film and fans have actively waiting for Guy to finally get around to making it.

"You know, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it! I’ve written a script, I think it’s a great script, and Joel [Silver] wants to pay for me to do it. But up until now we haven’t had the time to do it," Ritchie said. "It’s sitting there and we’d all like to do it, it’s just a question of when we’re going to fit it in. So we’ll wait and see."

Luckily, RockNRolla had been a Warner Bros. film with studio producer Joel Silver also involved. Silver is also working with Ritchie on his Sherlock Holmes franchise. It seems like RDJ is keen on taking a bit of break from Holmes even if the studio is currently writing a third film. So like I've said previously he could end up making two films between Sherlock Holmes 2 and 3. The only thing that could derail The Real RockNRolla is possibly The Man From UNCLE and it's sequels. Also, the cast of the original seems to be blowing up on their own. It might be hard to lock in Gerard Butler, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong and Toby Kebbell for the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment