August 27, 2011

Marti Noxon Wants To Write Wonder Woman

Screenwriter Marti Noxon (Buffy, Fright Night, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies) talked to FearNet about her dream project which would be Wonder Woman. Currently the only other name contending for the film is writer/director Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive, Bronson) who wants Ryan Gosling for a role and Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) for Princess Diana. Apparently Nicolas' involvement will be factored on if Warner Bros. is happy with Logan's Run. I'm glad to hear more and more talk of a serious take on the female hero. Rather than rehashing the terrible sexist attributes of the television show.

"I would love to. To be honest - as scary as it is - part of me wishes I could take a crack at Wonder Woman. There was a moment where it looked like I might get involved in the TV version. She is one of the few in the canon that hasn't been exploited. There are reasons for that; there is stuff in her mythology that are really silly. The costume - she's in a star-spangled bathing suit! And she uses a "lasso of truth" and rides around in an invisible plane. But they don't have to be that way. I definitely have a point of view about that. If I could do it, and nobody could "yell at me"... if the internet wasn't poised to explode in hate, no matter what you did, I would be out there, really pushing for it"

No comments:

Post a Comment