February 3, 2011

Samuel L. Jackson Confirms New Female Sidekick, Appearences In Cap & Thor

On Jimmy Fallon Avenger's actor Samuel L. Jackson who plays Nick Fury confirmed he was filming scenes for Thor and Captain America. He also confirmed an old rumor that there would be another female character. As he's going to be test-screening with five actresses for the role of his 'side-kick". Jackson also mentions that the start time on the production is April. Likely pushed back to contend with Robert Downey Jr.'s shooting of Sherlock Holmes 2. There have been a few actresses linked to Avengers and a few possible roles to fill. I'll run down these below.


"I'm Nick Fury, I've done two of [these films] already. In the next month or so I've got to do one day [of filming] on THOR and one day on CAPTAIN AMERICA. I have no idea what they want me to do in [them]. Then in April we start on THE AVENGERS.


"I have to screen-test five actresses on Friday. They have this new character that's like my sidekick, she's with me all the time."



While nobody has been able to confirm these actresses yet. I assume one of the trades will hear something over the weekend. One name that keeps coming back to the rumor-mill is Alice Eve. She tested for the role of Peggy Carter and has been linked for Avengers for months now. Malin Akerman and Rachel Nichols (G.I. Joe, Conan) were also included with the same rumor. Yet Malin seems more likely to pursue the role of Lois Lane in Superman. Sundance it-girl Brit Marling (Another Earth) was teased by Clark Gegg (Agent Coulson) during the Sundance Festival. As he Tweeted he was trying to recruit her for Avengers. He later re-Tweeted he was joking but it still seems possible. As Marvel is known for hiring up and coming actors like they did with Chris Hemsworth for Thor. Of course this role could be for a completely different group of actresses.

So what could this role be? There are many possibilities which include SHIELD agents Sharon Carter, Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel), Barbara Morse (Mockingbird) or Maria Hill. The sidekick part of Jackson's quote makes me believe the role they are casting is Maria Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment