October 5, 2010

Idris Elba Talking With Marvel For Blade & Luke Cage?

 Idris Elba (RockNRolla, The Wire, 28 Weeks Later) seems to have developed a strong relationship with Marvel after co-starring in Thor. He's been talking with TotalFilm (via DailyBlam) about the prospects of playing other Marvel characters. He doesn't confirm anything but does mention Blade and Luke Cage. Idris talked to TheDetroitNews previously mentioning how he wants to play Nick Fury and Blade. While it might seem odd that Idris would ply another character within the Marvel universe. Blade is setup with New Line/WB and Luke Cage is with Marvel Studios so it's likely he could end up playing both/either characters. Ryan Reynolds and Ray Stevenson have got away with playing more than one Marvel character.

"I have a picture deal with them (Marvel). I can't tell you much about that, but I can tell you I'll be back. I wouldn't mind having a crack at bringing Blade back, personally....But erm, there's a couple of things there... Luke Cage is... very interesting."

"I would like to be in the lead position, with characters around me," says Elba, mentioning Nick Fury or Blade  as potential roles for him to sink his teeth into. "If that's what I'm going to do, it's better to be the kick than the sidekick."

No comments:

Post a Comment