September 25, 2010

How Marvel Should Approach The SHIELD Film: PART II [Hawkeye]

Previously I went over how I believe Marvel could be successful setting up the Black Widow solo film. Now I'll be going over my thoughts on Hawkeye getting his own film. There is more wiggle room for my take on the movie since we have yet to see where Marvel will be going with Clint Barton's character, background or origin.

MY THOUGHTS: I would have first talked about Hawkeye's costume but Jeremy Renner has already pointed out it will be similar to Natasha's uniform. The character is best known for his archery skills but lately has been known to pick up a gun or sword. It would make sense if he is superpower-less he'll need more than just skills in shooting arrows when his enemies will be firing bullets back. I'd love to see Clint a mix of both Hawkeye and his recent persona Ronin. Being able to use bows, swords, guns and giving a decent fight to whatever is in his way. I wouldn't mind seeing him as the reluctant fugitive being hunted by SHIELD believing he committed some horrible crime that discredits them. His actions threaten to disband the whole organization. I'm not sure how the relationship between Clint and Natasha will be explored in Avengers but it could be tested with this revelation. Barbara Morse (Mockingbird) could easily be included along with other SHIELD Agents like Maria Hill and Gabriel Jones. Clint's main mission would be to clear his name and reassert himself in the ranks of SHIELD. This could also be the real introduction to HYDRA and how they've inserted themselves worldwide.


MOVIE INFLUENCES: Clint could be more like the Jason Bourne/John McClain type hero. There are plenty of man on a mission type films to choose from but I believe the Bourne and Die Hard series fit best with the character.





WHO SHOULD DIRECT?: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo would be my choice to direct the Hawkeye film. Like Joss Whedon, he's previously worked Jeremy Renner on the fantastic 28 Weeks Later and could give us an excellent over the top action thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment