March 2, 2010

Samuel Bayer Wants To Direct The Boys?


Nightmare On Elm Street director Samuel Bayer wants a shot at making the comic book film The Boys. The project has been talked up as being in the same realm of Watchmen and Wanted. SlashFilm and ShockTillYouDrop picked up on Bayer's intentions during interviews with the two sites. The film is currently with Columbia Pictures with script written by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi who both co-wrote the Clash of The Titans screenplay.

"There’s a comic– I’m sure my agent would kill me for this, because I’m sure I’m not supposed to talk about it or whatever, but I don’t really care, is that– no, my assistant is shaking her head. No. No? No? I was going to mention a project. Shut up? Okay. I’m doing what people tell me. Yeah, I’ll bury myself with this one. There’s some very, very cool stuff out there. I’m really into graphic novels and really into the superhero genre, and I really think there’s some interesting stuff going on, and I think that’s what I’m leaning towards."

"There’s one comic book I really dig that I want to go after that’s bad-ass. I’d like to get it, it’s called The Boys. It’s about a group of mercenaries and they’re job is to kick the shit out of superheroes who get out of line. It doesn’t get any better than that. In the world of The Boys, superheroes are scumbags. My youngest brother is a comic book historian and he introduced me to a lot of graphic novels like “The Dark Knight.” There are some great books I don’t think people have tapped into yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment