March 24, 2010

Olivia Munn Gets New Marvel Role In Iron Man 2?


I'm not sure who was crazy enough to cut scenes involving Olivia Munn but it happened. The good news is that they liked her enough to bring her back for reshoots. Giving her a new Marvel role in the film. The mystery still remains but these reshoots were a while back so the current rumor could be true. Complex was good enough to interview and get quotes from Munn on the reshoots. At least the new role is confirmed to be from the Marvel universe and not some original supporting character.

"Actually, they just gave me another role in the film. I had to reshoot all of my scenes....as they started to edit they realized it was becoming darker than what they'd expected and what my scenes had allowed for. My parts were lighthearted and comedic."

"Jon Favreau called and was like, "I've got good news and bad news: This is what's happening in editing but we all really like you." Marvel and Jon had to add another character from the Marvel universe to keep me included."


Previously it was rumored she had taken the role of Iron Maiden or War Machine's on board computer. The newest in the bunch includes Scarlet Witch. The role was originally going to Scarlett Johansson before she was cast as Black Widow. I also think she could be very good for the role of Janet Pym (Wasp) but that's my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment