January 9, 2010

Blade Reboot In The Works?


I was curious lately of the real possibility of seeing another Blade film and I stumbled onto some older quotes from screenwriter David S. Goyer that I was unaware of. The quotes are from ShockTillYouDrop & MTV. Goyer understands New Line has been working on rebooting the Blade franchise without Wesley Snipes.

“I heard rumors that they may want to start from scratch with a new person playing Blade." "I think when you re-visit these characters, the question is, how long should they stay off the shelf?....When we did 'Batman Begins,' he'd been off the shelf for about eight years. It hasn't been eight years yet for Blade. I think usually if you give them a little breathing room between iterations, it's better."


Marvel Entertainment's Kevin Feige says he'd like to return to Blade one day. I could see either the rights reverting back to Marvel Studios or Marvel Knights stepping in to develop the reboot. That's of course if New Line doesn't just sit on the property. I could see actors like Jamie Foxx or Idris Elba taking over the role of Blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment