December 26, 2009

Dream Cast For Justice League


We've been hearing rumors of DC Entertainment's possible plan of slowing building up to a Justice League film.We already have our Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds and I assume Brandon Routh will reprise his role of Superman. I'm not sure Warner Bros. will be able to get away with hiring virtual unknowns like they did with Routh. So I've given some thought to who I'd like to see playing the DC heroes.


Ewan McGregor as Green Arrow: It seems like the next viable Justice League member to get their own film is Green Arrow. The Supermax script seems to be good enough to give the hero a shot at the big screen. I also feel it would be a great way to introduce Black Canary and the Rogues Gallery of the Justice League. While I'm not sure if they could use prominent Batman villains like the Riddler or the Joker. I do however think Lex Luthor, Solomon Grundy and other DC villains would work. Ewan McGregor is my pick for the role. While we've seen him play Obi Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequels. I felt he was cheated in those films as he was never the heroic lead.


Gemma Arterton as Wonder Woman: While I think this might be the toughest of the group to adapt. Wonder Woman is the second biggest hero in the DC lineup. I feel that Thor could be the best example of how to make this film work. Having her as a god-like alien could work and it might be a way to blend her into the Green Lantern world. Gemma jumps out to me as the type of actress who could do the role justice. She's able to handle herself in both comedies and action films. Gemma has been involved with some rather large scale films with Prince of Persia and Clash of The Titans. Even with her small roles in RockNRolla and Quantum of Solace she was able to stick out.


Kate Winslet as Black Canary: I could see Oscar winning actress Kate Winslet playing Black Canary. It would be a move similar to what they did when they hired Josh Brolin as Jonah Hex. Hiring an actor that is talented and has been popular with critics to take on relatively unknown heroes. I could see her showing up in the Green Arrow film, Justice League and eventually turning into a spin-off. She might be known for her dramatic roles but Kate isn't a stranger to odd types of films starring in Heavenly Creatures and Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind. Recent films like The Dark Knight and Iron Man are influencing all types of acting talent to comic book movies.


Joseph Gordon-Levitt as The Flash: While the Flash isn't my favorite hero I could see him being re-worked and given a fresh story. Joseph Gordon-Loveitt is my choice for this character although I believe he would work better in the next Batman film. He's gained respect with his roles in The Lookout, Brick and 500 Days of Summer. I'm hoping he'll give another great performance in Inception this summer.


Alexander Sarsgard as Aquaman: Another hero that could benefit from the Thor blueprint. Who better to cast than someone who tried out for the role of Thor? Alexander Sarsgard is the total package from his action and dramatic work on the series Generation Kill. Along with his popularity from True Blood to his comedic skills shown in Zoolander.


Michelle Monaghan as Zatanna: One part The Prestige one part Sherlock Holmes this might be the more interesting take of the bunch. I could see Michelle Monaghan playing Zatanna she's been able to impress many critics with her films Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Trucker. Michelle has also been invovled with action films like Mission Impossible 3 and was once up for role in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.


Milo Ventimiglia as Robin: Batman is the one popular hero that could be cut from the JL lineup. It's doubtful we'll ever see Robin in the new Batman films. So why not make him part of Justice League? There are a few ways the character could go have him as Red Robin or even Nightwing. I feel that Robin could be a good replacement for Batman. It could be a good way to develop character for a Teen Titans film. Milo Ventimiglia would make a great Robin and has even mentioned in the press he'd love the chance to play him. I've enjoyed Milo's performances in Pathology and Gamer. I'm sure he has lot of fans from his television show Heroes, so he already has the fanboy street-cred.


Bradley Cooper as Blue Beetle: If they do end up using the Blue Beetle I'd hope they'd look to Bradley Cooper. He tried out for Green Lantern and should be apart of this new DC Universe of films. I've really enjoyed him in films like Wet Hot American Summer and The Hangover. He's jumping into action films cutting his teeth with The A-Team and possibly Matt Helms. He was also a favorite on J.J. Abrams' Alias.

No comments:

Post a Comment